Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hurricane Preparedness and Homeschool

Well, it looks like Gustav may head this way, therefore, as usual, we've rounded up another excuse for postponing the first day of 9th grade.

Today I'm defrosting my freezer. Every year, the first hurricane prompts me to do this chore. Part of hurricane preparedness. Get rid of anything I haven't used in a year, recall the things I have in there I forgot about, and get motivated all over again to fill with meals. Along with this is cleaning out the ice chest.

I'm reminded that our hearts need defrosting sometimes. Clear out the old, stale things that are useless in warming our hearts to Christ, tender the things that keep the fire going, and pray He leads us to be zealous for Him!

"So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth." Revelation 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home